Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director leads Human Resources practices with objectives to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Director reports to the Vice President of Finance and; and assists and advises managers on hiring, developing and retaining top talent.
This is an individual contributor role.
- Source candidates nationally and build a pipeline of candidates for projected recruiting needs of 30 to 50 candidates annually to fill replacement and new positions.
- Develop and leverage recruiting techniques including on-line tools, social media, trade groups, and other sources you can bring.
- Provide a disciplined approach to evaluating and leveraging contingency and retained recruiters; experience with fees, and terms, and criteria for using recruiters within a defined budget.
- Develop and implement interviewing process and questions that can be used by HR and hiring managers to provide consistent skill and fit evaluation criteria based on clear job descriptions and expectations.
- Develop, implement, and manage the employee on-boarding process; deliver informational orientation sessions, and schedule other business and cross-functional on-boarding training as required.
- Ensure new employees are apprised of and have the proper emersion in the requisite operating company and holding company policies, procedures, and training.
- Register all new employees in the HRIS and Payroll systems ensuring appropriate approvals and paperwork is complete.
- Employee Retention and Performance
- Oversee performance management systems and cycles working with the department managers to ensure all employees complete MAP’s, KPI’s, Goals, and are clear on their mission and goals.
- Actively work with the department managers as coach and advisor in the hiring, firing, development, and discipline process.
- Act as an employee advocate and independent resources for employee relations issues.
- Keep senior management abreast of salary trends, market demand for talent, and other key out-side facing trends that impact our employee base.
- Develop and implement use of DISC, PSM, 360’s, and other appropriate tools for evaluation of key hires and development of key staff.
- Manage employee retention by acting upon and advising senior management of required actions to support meeting our annual employee retention goal.
- Oversee and execute as required the process for approval of new hires, compensation and benefits changes working with the Controller and VP Finance.
- Prepare and keep up to date hiring status reports that detail open positions, head count, salary ranges, and alignment with budget and forecast.
- Communicate benefits, policy, and procedure changes to employees as required.
- Develop and maintain relationship(s) with holding company HR leadership enabling us to leverage the resources and network at GroupM and WPP.
- Assist VP Finance and Controller with staffing, compensation plans, and raise pool, budgets and forecasts ensuring alignment with salary run rates, market changes, and recruiting needs.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in a small to mid-sized service company with headcount of 100+; agency, marketing services, or consulting business experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced service environment for a growth company; can multi-task, be flexible, while maintaining command of the details and staying on task.
- Strong interviewing skills with the ability and instincts to evaluate and provide unbiased feedback on candidates’ skill set and cultural fit.
- Adviser experience; can challenge and coach management on candidate selection and employee retention needs.
- Track record of actively sourcing candidates through new and evolving techniques including social media, online channels, and networking.
- Organizational skills and experience with the back-end HR tasks and details with on-boarding, employee benefits, compensation, and working within budget and forecast constraints.
- Projects a positive attitude and belief in Catalyst’s products, services, and clients with the ability to project that to our employees, candidate base, and trade groups. B.S. required; M.B.A. / M.S. a plus.
- Position reports to the VP, Finance and will work directly with the senior management team on organization strategy to grow the business.